Looking for something yummy to make that is gluten free and healthy for all those summer BBQ’s? Here is my version of a Bean and mushroom burger, it’s low fat, healthy and best of all it’s gluten free.
This is also a great way to use up stale bread so non of it gets wasted. These burgers will freeze well and are a great vegetarian alternative to beef burgers. Also great for little ones, you can make them smaller so easier for tiny fingers and rest assured they are packed with protein, veggies and no salt 😉
400g/1 tin beans (kidney, cannellini or whatever you have)
100g Gluten Free bread made into breadcrumbs
1 tsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp chilli
1/2 tsp cumin
- Drain and rinse the beans, then place in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a hand held blender or a potato masher.
- Blend the beans and then add the mushrooms, breadcrumbs, herbs, spices and egg and mix well.
- Make the mix into either 4 large burgers or 8 smaller ones by rolling it in your hands and flattening it slightly.
- Place the burgers onto a greased baking tray and refrigerate until needed.
- These can either be grilled or put onto the BBQ.
- I suggest serving with homemade guacamole and salad.
pinch of chilli
1 clove garlic
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone, then use a spoon to scoop out the flrsh and mash the flesh using a fork.
- Add the juice of half a lime, the chilli and crushed garlic and mix.
- Season to taste.