So what do you do when you look in the fridge and see a large punnet of mushrooms that are about to go past their best? You make this! It’s a quick, easy and tasty dish that you can rustle up with ease and with the knowledge it’s healthy too. Plus it’s Wheat free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and great for getting those veggies into little ones
Recipe (Serves 2 plus toddler):
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp flour (I used rice flour)
200ml white wine
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, remove from the heat and stir in the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add half the white wine and stir well to make a sauce free of lumps.
- Place it back on the heat and gradually add the rest of the wine – do not stop stirring!
- Add the mushroom and keep on a medium heat, the mushrooms will release water as they cook.
- When the mushrooms have cooked down a little add some of the water, the amount you need will depend on your mushrooms.
- Add mixed herbs (fresh parsley would be amazing) and season well. Leave it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta. Nom Nom.
Now of course you could finish this with cream……but that’s just not my way Enjoy and let me know your variations by commenting below…