You know those days when you look at the next days diary and realise it’s just going to be a hectic morning, with no time for breakfast? Or those evenings you feel dog-tired and know you need a few extra minutes in bed? Well in my mind not eating breakfast is NOT AN OPTION. I don’t function well on an empty stomach and eating breakfast has been linked to improved concentration, recall and productiveness so you NEED to eat it.
My fallback plan is to grab a jar and make my breakfast the night before. Sounds a bit crazy but it really does work and because I make it in a jar I can take it and eat it on the go if necessary. You could even make this and grab it to eat in bed the next morning 😉 I’m also thinking this is going to be great for sleep deprived days once baby comes (I’m 27 weeks pregnant) when I’ve been up half the night and am just ravenous. I can grab the jar and eat it whilst breastfeeding. Perfection.
- 30g oats
- 100ml low fat natural yoghurt
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g greengages
- Place the oats in the bottom of a jar or bowl.
- Top with the yoghurt, milk and cinnamon and mix into the oats.
- Top with the fruit.
- Now simply cover the jar/bowl and leave overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning it's all ready to eat.
- There are so many variations you could make on this. Use fruit yoghurt, difference fruit, add seeds, nuts or whatever takes your fancy! Go create.