When it’s hot, ice cream calls! However much I love the creamy taste of ice cream, too much of it’s richness does not agree with my tummy or waistline. Frozen yoghurt is a much healthier option and this one has the bonus of being fulled of calcium and fruit with a little added sugar. So yesterday I went for it and got all prepared by whizzing up this delight.
I used frozen fruit from last years blackberry picking, fresh fruit or over ripe fruit would also work but would just need freezing for longer. If you use frozen fruit it’s pretty much ready to eat straight away (as my toddler demonstrated!). Why not experiment with a range of fruit? Let me know your favourite recipes please.
- 500g blackberries (frozen makes it quicker)
- 250ml natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Place the blacberries and yoghurt in a food processor and blend.
- Add the icing sugar a little at a time, keep tasting it.
- Place in an bowl and freeze!
- If you have an ice-cream maker then you can use this, I did, but it's really not essential.