Christmas, often a time of rich food, sweet treats and excess. Now with a toddler around and my love of healthy eating I decided to revamp our usual flapjack recipe. My husband is a huge mince pie fan and this rather inspired me to use the mincemeat in a different way.
What I love about this recipe is it simplicity, literally it is just 3 ingredients (though you could add to it) and you can knock up a batch in just a few minutes. It really invokes all the smells and tastes of Christmas but is full of oaty goodness and is by far a much healthier version of a mince pie.
- 200g oats
- 150g gluten free mince meat
- 1 overripe or ripe mashed banana
- Weigh out the ingredients.
- Mash the banana.
- Mix it all together and spoon into a greased, lined tin.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight tin.