- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mash the banana and mix with the apple sauce.
- Add the oats and raisins and stir.
- Now add the yoghurt, cinnamon and vanilla,
- Drop spoonfuls onto a well-greased and lined baking tray or a silicone sheet.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 15-20 minutes.
This weekend we had a go at adapting our usual flapjack recipe, making a yoghurt, apricot and banana version and we also came up with these cookies. Now these are definitely cookies and not biscuits. There is no crunch to them, they are soft and chewy, which makes them perfect for babies and toddlers. They have no added sugar the sweetness comes from the fruit and apple sauce and no added fat either. The oats provide a wholegrain form of carbohydrate that will keep your little ones and you going through the afternoon.
To “adult” these up I would add some nuts and seeds for added crunch and serve with a cuppa. Have a play and let me know what you come up with.