It’s the weekend. Finally I feel like I’ve found some time and space in life to catch up with myself a little. I’ve had the steam cleaner out, which I have to share with Miss K, cleaning fanatic. I’ve pretty much put all the washing away (MIRACLE) and due to my Slow Cooker Experiment dinner is cooking, the baby napping. SO…it was time to get out Vlog on and try a new recipe out 🙂
Who doesn’t love a bit of carrot cake? Combine that with a cereal bar love in our house and these have instantly become a winner. These came about at Miss K’s fav veggie is carrot and she loves the bought cereal bars (which mummy meanly rarely buys)…. so I decided it was time to play around with making a savoury feel cereal bar for her. They are surprisingly good.
So here we are, back in action one again….
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup prunes
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup almonds (whole or ground)
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a baking tray.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor or use ground almonds if you prefer.
- Now puree the prunes with 1 tbsp water to make a paste.
- Mix the oats and prunes together then add the almonds.
- Peel and grate the carrot, then add it to the mixture.
- Now measure out the seeds and add along with the apple sauce and oil.
- Melt the honey and mix it all together.
- Spoon into the baking tray and level off the top.
- Now bake for 30-35 minutes, then leave to cool before slicing into bars.