This is one of our quick, comforting, emergency pasta style meals. You know those days when the family is feeling a bit grumpy, you need to cook whilst amusing/holding/slinging a baby and have “mum I’m hungry” ringing in your ears… well this is what I tend to knock up for dinner. Cue the sound of silence…. save for chew and munch.
Packed full of omega 3’s, heart healthy fat, protein, folate, iron and veggies this meal will fill those hungry tummies with yummy goodness. We aim to eat oily fish once a week, so I am always looking for new ways to incorporate it into our dinners. This one is a BIG HIT.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large leek thinly sliced
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 3 x 120g salmon fillets
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp gluten free, wheat free flour
- 150g spinach
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Seasoning to taste
- Heat the oil in the saucepan, add the leek and cook until softened.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add 100ml milk along with the mixed herbs.
- Now add in the salmon fillets and mushrooms.
- Pop on a lid and let it poach on a low heat for 10 minutes or until the salmon breaks up and is cooked.
- Mix the flour with a little water and add to the pan, mix well and keep stirring the sauce whilst it thickens up.
- Now add the mustard, seasoning, lemon juice and spinach. Cook for a few minutes and serve with pasta.