Feeding a little one is such a responsibility and every parent wants to do the best they can. However a hectic life and a mobile, becoming ever more independant yet constantly hungry can mean you constantly have to carry snacks around with you. Well it does for me. My change bag has been overtaken with pots, bags and wrappers.
Here are my top tips on healthy snacks for your baby/toddler:
- Grapes, blueberries or strawberries in pots.
- Cubes of cheese (cheaper and better than cheese strings). Try different types of cheese too.
- My fabulous oaty bars.
- Dry cereal, choose a wholegrain, low salt option.
- Raw veggie sticks and breadsticks with a dip our favourites are homemade hummous or try mixing greek yoghurt with mint and cumin.
- Cream cheese pinwheels – spread it in a wrap, roll and slice.
- Rice cakes, there are so many flavours out there for little ones
- Potato wedges – peel, slice and baked in the oven, use sweet potato and normal whites.
- Steamed veggies. My little one loves cooked broccoli 🙂
- Sliced avocardo, cucumber and tomato
- Boiled eggs
- Pancakes either thick or thin
- Fruity small plain scones
- Pitta bread stuffed with cottage cheese and grated carrot, sliced up.
- Pasta twists, cooked.
Any other ideas or top tips? Please do share, I’d love to hear.