It’s officially cold, freezing, cold here. In fact it’s snowing! Here’s my perfect snow day soup recipe. It’s packed full of veggies to boost that immunity, the beans are filling and satisfying, and being a soup, it’ll keep you warm. The pasta makes this a complete meal so no bread is needed. Great for feeding hungry families and using up left over veggies.
Minestrone Soup Recipe:
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 large carrots diced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 small cabbage shredded
2 mugs water
1 tin beans
1/2 mug pearl barley
1 tbsp tomato puree
pinch mixed herbs
- Finely chop the onion and sweat in the olive oil. After a few minutes add the garlic and carrot, cook for a few minutes then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the shredded cabbage and the water.
- Next mix in the beans, pearl barley, tomato puree and herbs.
- Bring to the boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Season to taste and add the pasta. Cook for a few more minutes and serve.