Super quick and easy to make, if you have kids they will love making these with you. My toddler decided to make “twinkle stars” biscuits, she did the rolling, cutting and pressed the indentation, then filled them with lemon curd after baking. A triumph!
150g Bezgluten flour
50g ground almonds
1 egg yolk
- Pre heat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a food processor or by hand.
- Add the egg yolk and mix, then add the flour and ground almonds.
- Bring the mixture into a dough using your hands.
- Roll out on a floured surface, roll to about 2 cm thick.
- Cut out using any shape cutters, then place onto a greased and lined baking tray.
- Now press an indentation into the centre of the biscuit using your thumb.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4 for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Fill the indents with jam or lemon curd.
These taste good and so I doubt they will last long 😉 Enjoy.