I’ve been seeing a few recipes for raw brownies floating around and each time I see them thinking…. “I really must try these out”. Last Monday morning was the time, for some reason I woke up full of cooking inspiration and whislt the toddler ate her porridge I knocked these up – they literally took that little time to make.
I was pleasantly suprised with the result and took them round to my friend Steph to try. They really are a chocolate substitute! Very rich, very nutty but gooey and satisfying.
- 2 cup dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almond
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder (use cocoa if wanted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Soak the dates in warm water for 30 minutes, drain and process with the nuts plus the 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- Press into a greased, lined, small baking tray, I used a small round cake tin.
- Mix the remaining ngredients together to make the topping and spoon over the base layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, cut into small squares (you really don’t need much of this).
- Eat and refreeze or fridge what you don’t eat.