This week I haven’t managed to blog much as the toddler has been sick, not sleeping much and in my bed. Sleep deprivation and a need for many mummy cuddles balanced around work has been a real juggle!
Today she has definitely been on the mend, which has given me some more time to get back into the kitchen. I had been sent some Gluten Free, Wheat Free Wraps to try and had been waiting for the right moment to knack up some fajitas. Today was it.
Fajitas are a firm favourite with by husband, but being wheat intolerant it requires a bit of effort on my behalf as I have to make my own wraps, having some ready made made it ten times easier. I really enjoyed them and the toddler took great delight in eating hers, making them into boats and planes – apparently she has my imaginative streak. They are also super healthy if you serve them with Greek yoghurt instead of sour cream and are a great way to get your veggies in!
We served these with wheat free wraps for myself and normal wraps for the rest of the family. Finger licking good, even if i do say so myself.
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 large onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 peppers
- 200g mushrooms
- 2 courgettes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh or dried thyme and oregano
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, add the onion and cook for a few minutes then add the garlic and spices.
- Allow the spices to cook for a few minutes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and let it simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables (thin strips works best) and simmer.
- Then add the lime juice and red wine vinegar.
- Finally when it is all looking cooked add the herbs.
- Serve with wraps, low fat Greek yoghurt and guacamole.