I love fish but I sometimes struggle to get it into our weekly menu as hubby isn’t that keen on it. Anything with bones, a head or tails is definitely not allowed on the table (prawns excepted) and anything too fishy is also a no go.
So here is my latest fishy offering and this one went down well. The hubby said I could make it again and gave a few mmmmm noises. The toddler gave me a clap and said “Well done Mummy”, high praise indeed 🙂
So why not give it a go and see how it fares with your family? Salmon is an oily fish providing omega 3’s and the vegetables will pack this meal up to provide 2 of your 5 a day.
This meal can be prepared in advance then put in the oven to cook through later on.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 300g salmon fillet in small cubes
- 50g gluten free cream cheese
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 3 slices of gluten free bread made into breadcrumbs
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- Peel and chop the carrots then cook in boiling water until soft, add the broccoli for the last few minutes of cooking.
- Place the salmon and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese and yoghurt together with the herbs and season.
- Stir the creamy mix into the salmon and veggies.
- Spoon it all into an ovenproof dish, then top with the breadcrumbs and finally the cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at Gas Mark 6/200C.
- Serve with a green salad.
- Can be made ahead of time and cooked later and can be frozen.