You know when you look in the fridge and see something staring at you saying “Use me up quick”? Yes my fridge talks to me 😉 Well I’ve had a punnet of cranberries staring at me for a little while and suddenly I knew I had to use them or lose them. Hubby often does the fruit and veg shopping which is fabulous but means I am never too sure what I will get. Last week he picked up fresh cranberries. Very seasonal but seeing as we didn’t need cranberry sauce what was I going to do with them?
Cake was the answer. Sometimes in life cake is needed. These beauties worked so well they surprised me, I’m now going to have to adapt the recipe for other fruit so I can make them again.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 tsp sugar/sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5
- Mix the flours, oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together.
- Now add the raisins and cranberries.
- Mix the egg and yoghurt together seperately with the mashed banana and then add to the mixture.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.