Now it’s been a couple of weeks since we made flapjacks due to sickness in the household. My oh my, how I’ve missed you flapjack! I’ve found myself looking at the flapjack tin wishing it was full. So today was the day. Myself and the toddler went flapjack-tastic, making our usual banana and sultana favourite and also coming up with this beauty.
If you like a sweeter flapjack without the extra sugar then this is the one for you. The mango gives it that sweet lift. The linseeds and sesame seeds make it extra nutritious with omega 3’s, iron, zinc and calcium.
- 200g oats
- 100g sultanas
- 50g dates chopped
- 50g dried mango chopped
- 25g linseeds
- 25g sesame seeds
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- Mix the oats, dried fruit and seeds together.
- Heat the butter and honey until melted (30 seconds in the microwave and stir).
- Add the egg to the dried mixture followed by the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased and lined tin.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- Slice whilst it is warm.