A lovely Pilates client turned up with a couple of healthy muffins for me the other day. Now that’s one way to make me go easy on you in class 😉 Laurie, thankyou! Peanut butter is one ingredient I’ve learnt is good in cookies and smoothies… so why “nut” muffins?! (I know funny aren’t I).
These muffins were so delicious that I grabbed hold of the recipe and then I decided to give it a go myself, with a few changes as I rarely manage to actually follow a recipe properly and I also had no bananas!
These take minutes to make and really are both easy and tasty. You can also mash up 2 ripe bananas and substitute for the apple. I actually had to hide these from the kids 😉
- 200g cooked apple
- 50g peanut butter
- 1 tsp Sukrin Gold (sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 100g rice or coconut flour
- splash of milk
- Pre cook the apple (I have a stock I keep in my freezer).
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Measure out all the ingredients and mix well. I left my stand mixer going for 5 minutes.
- Grease a muffin tin or use silicone cake cases.
- Place the mixture into the cake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- You can substitute agave, honey (2-3tbsp) or Stevia (1tsp) for the Sukrin Gold.