Flapjack. Literally it makes my world a happier place. However I’ve had a bit of a problem of late. The children are eating the bananas too fast and I just don’t have enough that are going bad to be able to make my signature banana and sultana flapjack. So with a glut of plums in the freezer and the plum tree back in blossom again I’ve created a new favourite. This one is reminiscent of plum and ginger crumble. What’s not to love?
I love it because 1. It has ginger in. 2 It isn’t too sweet 3. It takes 10 minutes to knock up and 4. It is flapjack. Miss K loves it’s because is is pink. The J-boy loves it because it is food.
I can happily feed this to my children knowing it is packed with wholegrains and fruit.
- 200g oats (gluten free)
- 200g cooked plums (no sugar added)
- 75g butter/margarine
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp Sukrin Gold
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Grease and line a baking tray.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together and place into the baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You can substitute the Sukrin Gold for 2 tbsp honey.