My ongoing obsession with flapjack has turned a corner this week. I’ve discovered a new love. Savoury flapjack. As the J boy has also inherited my flapjack loving genes, I thought it may be a good way to get his veggie love on too. It turns out it worked a treat. So if you want to boost the amount of veggies your family eats, give these a whirl.
I’ve used carrot in sweet flapjacks and made carrot cereal bars, but these are different. Carrot, cheese and oats. Now I say it I wonder why I didn’t try it out before.
The J boy loved these as part of his lunches, as did I. Miss K had to be kept away from them the day I made them as she wanted to eat the lot!
So if you want a different twist on flapjack then try these beauts out.
- 200g rolled oats
- 150g finely grated carrots
- 75g grated cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- pinch of mixed dried or fresh herbs,
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Weight out the oats.
- Peel and grate the carrots, and grate the cheese. Mix with the oats.
- Add the eggs and herbs and mix well.
- Press into a greased and lined flapjack tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.