You know those weeks when you’ve been burning the candle at both ends, you are feeling pretty exhausted and craving something chocolately? That’s me right now so today I created these healthy, delicious balls full of raw ingredients, goodness yet with that chocolate taste too. Inspired by the Nakd bar range, I decided it couldn’t be that hard to make my own version – turns out it isn’t!
These are gluten free (if you use gluten free oats), wheat free and easy to make if you have a food processor. I ued the nuts/seeds grinder on my Kenwood Chef. Drove my kids nuts with the noise – slighly payback for the times they drive me nuts with their noise 😉 Top tip, soak the prunes first and it will make life easier. I didn’t and had to do a lot of scraping them back down the grinder pot.
- 75 g prunes
- 50g oats
- 25g almonds
- 25g raisins
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Soak the prunes in the warm water for 15-30 minutes depending on how much time you have.
- Drain the water but reserve it.
- Add the nuts to a food processor or nut/seed grinder and grind. Then add the oats and grind. Add the rest of the ingredients and grind. You may need to add a little of the reserved liquid to help it along but not too much as you don't want it sloppy.
- Now roll into balls and place onto greaseproof paper on a plate or baking tray.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up.