I went on a conference a whilst ago and was served the most amazing RAW chocolate. It completely intrigued me so I of course asked for the recipe and then promptly filed it away for a later inspired moment. That moment came when I wanted to make some yummy, healthy inspired treats for my Pilates with Priya: “Pimp Your Pelvic Floor” course. Yes really.
OH MY DAYS. This may mean I don’t buy chocolate every again.
Well that’s a bit ambitious but it really is a great replacement for the bought version. I love 70%-85% dark chocolate. This bites the bullet.
Nutritionally this isn’t that different to other shop bought high quality dark chocolate brands. However it is easy, therapeutic and fun to make, plus you can make it your own adding in flavours ….. the perfect gift for friends or a treat at the end of a dinner party perhaps?
Is it healthy? Well I rank it as healthier than milk chocolate and a little of what you like is definitely good 🙂 Cacao is a good source of antioxidants and contains magnesium. So as an alternative to chocolate this is a good way to go. Remember… all things in moderation 😉
- 100g/1cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 100g Cacao Butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Place the chopped cacao butter and powder in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Stir and allow it to melt gently and slowly.
- Add the honey in and stir well.
- Add in any additional flavours and stir.
- Pour into a baking tray, lined pot or small moulds and leave in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- a twist of sea salt
- dried cranberries