Everyone is always after quick, nutritious, filling snacks. So this one shared on Eat Well for Less ticks all those boxes.
If you want to give these a go here is the recipe, you can totally make this your own, add your favourite herbs, veggies etc. These are gluten free, dairy free (if you use dairy free cheese) and nut free.
These freeze well or keep them in the fridge for 3 days. I think they are fab for packed lunches.
Don’t forget to watch the rest of the series – BBC1 Thursdays 8pm. Or get it on BBC Iplayer.
- 180g quinoa, cooked in water and left to cool
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 120g ham, chopped
- 120g grated cheese
- Cook the quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Chop the veggies, ham and grate the cheese
- Break the eggs into a bowl, beat.
- Mix all ingredients together and stir well.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Spoon the mix in then heap it up on the top, making mountains.
- Cook for 20 minutes.