Why we collect your data:
We collect your personal data because you give us consent to do so, in order to provide our independent nutrition and dietetic services to you.
You may have opted in to receive our weekly newsletter.
Dietitian UK may collect the following information:
- Name, DOB, age, sex, next of kin, GP name and address, marital status and living arrangements & occupation.
- Contact details: home address, email and telephone numbers.
- Clinical and health related information via forms, emails and verbally in a consultation.
This information is required for:
- Professional clinical record keeping of client information in accordance with the British Dietetic Association Guidance for Records and Record Keeping.
- Sharing information with relevant health care professionals such as your GP or medical team (consent will always be asked before this is done).
In exceptional circumstances, information about a client may be disclosed without consent if it is in the public interest to do so. This might be in circumstances where disclosing the information is necessary to prevent a serious crime or serious harm to other people.
Controlling your personal information:
We will not distribute, sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact Priya as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Records relating to the care of a client, will be stored for eight years (in line with British Dietetic Association Guidance for Records and Record Keeping).
What Information May Be Collected and What This is Used For:
- When you visit this website, your IP address is anonymised before this is shared with Google Analytics (in order to monitor broad trends). This means that no data is collected which could identify an individual.
- If you choose to subscribe to the newsletter, then your email address is added to a secure list within the Dietitian UK Convert Kit account so you can be sent a regular newsletter. Subscriber’s email addresses are used for no other purposes than those outlined above, and they are free to opt-out at any time. Verifiable consent is obtained using a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant sign-up form which stores permission data in list export files (through Convert Kit). All subscribers are free to change their information or opt-out from my newsletter at any time.
- Service providers used to store and process information related to carrying out dietetic services for clients all have robust security procedures in place and are GDPR compliant. BDA and HCPC record-keeping guidelines are strictly adhered to for one to one consultations.
- I (Priya Tew) am the data controller and Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Dietitian UK, so please contact me on priya @dietitianuk.co.uk with any queries or requests related to your personal data and I will respond promptly.