So when your toddler asks to make star biscuits, you can’t really say No. I’m not a fan of my kids having too much sugar so we always are on the look out for ways to reduce the sugar content of our baking, here we have used just a little apple juice and it worked well. A plain biscuit but you could add spices to it and make it your own. The plain biscuits are good for weaning too.
I used a greek yoghurt topping so the kids could decorate their biscuits which they loved. You need to only decorate the ones you aret going to eat there and then. Store the rest in a tin and the topping in the fridge. The decorating was a good after school activity and make your own snack session.
- 100g wholemeal or rye flour
- 100g plain white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 75g margarine
- 75ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt and 1 tbsp cream cheese mixed with a dask of milk
- sunflower seeds
- chopped dried fruit
- Weigh out the flour and baking powder.
- Rub the butter into the flour and baking powder mix.
- Add the apple juice and mix to a dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface.
- Cut and put onto a greased and lined baking tray.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4 for 15 minutes.
- Eat as they are or top with the Greek yoghurt mix.