You know those moments when you have a craving for chocolate? For me it is usually mid afternoon, that lull part of the day. Or just before teaching a class, when I need a pick-me-up and energy boost. So I created these beauties to help me, as I’m kind I thought I would share 😉 Now who wants one?
Note: these are delicious and easy to make, but you do get messy hands!
Packed with nuts and dried fruit I find these great to grab 1 of as I’m on my way to teach a class. My children like them as part of their pudding calling them “chocolate balls”.
Miss K: “Mummy can I have more of those chocolate balls? I wasn’t sure about them on first bite but they are scrummy”
Shall I tell her they don’t actually have chocolate in them?
- 100g dates
- 75g nuts
- 60g oats
- 2 tsp cocao powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Blitz the nuts in a coffee grinder or chop them into small pieces with a sharp knife. I use the nuts and seeds grinder on my Kenwood Chef. I used a mixed of walnuts, hazelnuts and cashews.
- Remove the nuts and place in a bowl.
- Now blitz up or finely chop the dates, add a splash of water if needed to help as they are sticky!
- Add to the nuts and mix in the cocao and a little water if needed to help it all bind. You can pop it in a stand mixer at this point and save your arms.
- Roll into small balls and you are done!