These healthy, delicious oaty bars have to make you smile, packed full of fruit, seeds and with only 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp honey in the whole recipe, these really are a healthy alternative to a sugar laden flapjack.
They are gluten free (as long as the oats are gluten free of course), wheat free and dairy free too.
I baked these on slightly grey, possibly trying to rain, Bank Holiday Saturday and you know what, straight after they came out of the over the sun came out, little bars of sunshine they are 🙂
These would be great for lunchboxes, as breakfast bars or keep them handy when you need a snack and they will hopefully keep your hands out of the biscuit box.
- 200g oats
- 100g apricots
- 100g dates
- 150g raisins
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 20g linseeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 mashed bananas
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, grease and line a flapjack tin.
- Chop the apricots and dates.
- Mix the oats, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and linseeds together.
- Mash the bananas in a seperate bowl, add these to the mixture along with the oil.
- Heat the honey for 20 seconds in the microwave and add to the mix.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cover for half of this time with foil or baking parchment to prevent the top layer of fruit burning.