So a lot of people have been asking for the recipe for the lentil curry and naan after it was shown on Eat well for less, Series 5, Episode 1. If you haven’t seen then do pop to BBC Iplayer and have a look. We are back on this Thursday too, BBC1 8pm, please tune in!
Firstly a huge Thankyou if you watched. Please do watch the remaining series too there is so much good stuff to come!
Secondly it’s music to my ears to know so many were loving the lentils. I’m half Sri-Lankan so this is very much “my type of food”.
The BBC made a fab video with the ingredients for the lentil curry.
Do check it out and if you follow my Dietitian UK Facebook
and Instagram I will repost any further recipes from the show.
The naan recipe cooked on the show, has not been shared yet but I here is a version that I love just as much, made at home for you, as so many people have been asking. Flatbreads and naan are so easy to make and a joy to eat.
Easy to make, super delicious with curry
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 4
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 29g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 150g flour (can be gluten free, I favour a mix of 100g white flour and 50g wholemeal for extra fibre)
- 50g Greek Yoghurt
- 50ml warm Water
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs or 1 tsp spices
- Mix the flour and yoghurt together.
- Add the herbs/spices now if you remember, if not then can be added at the kneading stage.
- Add the water and mix to a dough.
- Tip onto a floured surface and knead for just a couple of minutes.
- Break into 4 pieces, roll into a round and roll out with a rolling pin.
Here is the dough ready for rolling. I added a herb mixture into these.
Cook in a non stick hot pan on a medium-high heat. After a couple of minutes it will start to puff up, that is when you turn it over.