My boy adores crumble so when he wanted to bake we decided to adapt the berry crumble bars in the eatwellforless “Quick and Easy Meals” book. I’ve lowered the sugar, upped the oat and fibre and made these wheatfree (for me!). Verdict. Very crumbly but very good!
These bars were made on Sunday and kept in an airtight tin. I finished the last bits on Friday (sssshhh don’t tell my kids!).
Fruit Crumble Bars
- 425 g oats
- 125 g self raising flour (I used gluten free)
- 150 g brown sugar
- 200 g margarine
- 500 g frozen berries/fruit
- 2 tbsp linseeds
- Mix oats with flour, sugar, cinnamon and margarine until it is a crumble consistency.
- Grease a baking tray (20x20cm) or line with a silicone liner.
- Spread a thick layer (1.5cm) on the base of the tray.
- Cover with layer of frozen berries (no need to defrost).
- Top with a thinner layer of the crumble mix and press down with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the linseeds.
- Bake at 180C/Gas mark 4 for 45 mins.