I am SO glad this recipe worked. My hubby is a huge quiche fan, I’m not particularly but that’s mainly because I just don’t like pastry. So this recipe is the perfect combination as it uses rice as the base making it suitable for me and it still hits the quiche spot for the husband. The most complicated bit is having the rice cooked ahead of time and deciding what filling to put in it. I can tell that this will be a perfect summer recipe in our house and my next step will be to make a freeze a couple for no-cook days.
So many different variation and fillings you could try out too, give it a go!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar 5 eggs
- 1 cup/250ml milk
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped stilton
- Mix the cooked rice, cheese and 1 egg together and press into a small quiche dish.
- Bake at Gas Mark 5 for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix the remaining 4 eggs, milk, broccoli and stilton together and pour on top on the base.
- Bake at Gas Mark 4 for 30-35 minutes until golden on top and all the filling is cooked. Test this using a skewer.