Such a simple meal that take minimum effort to cook but gives you maximum flavour. Oily fish provides omega 3 fatty acids that help with blood pressure management, heart health, with inflammation and brain health. It is recommended we eat 2 portions of fish a week of which at least one is oily. If you are pregnant then stick to just 1 portion of oily fish a week.
Simple Roasted Veg and Salmon Pasta
- 3 peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (can be frozen)
- 1 head broccoli
- 400 g pasta
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 4 handfuls green leaves (eg spinach, chard)
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 C fan/200 C
- Slice the peppers and pop on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, pop into the oven
- After 10 minutes add the salmon and cook for 15 minutes until it is cooked through
- Start cooking the pasta and chop the broccoli into florets. After 5 minutes of the pasta cooking add in the broccoli.
- Drain the pasta, add the pesto, flaked salmon and peppers. Stir through the green leaves so they wilt in the heat of the pan.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.
Serves 3-4 adults (or in our case 1 adult, 3 hungry kids and leftovers for 2 lunches).
What’s for dinner in your house?